Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Immanuel Kant

Two things fill the mind with ever new and increasing admiration and awe, the more often and steadily reflection is occupied with them: the starry heaven above me and the moral law within me. Neither of them need I seek and merely suspect as if shrouded in obscurity or rapture beyond my own horizon; I see them before me and connect them immediately with my existence

All natural capacities of a creature are destined to evolve completely to their natural end.

Rules for Happiness: something to do, someone to love, something to hope for.

Have the courage to use your own reason- That is the motto of enlightenment.

Enlightenment is man’s emergence from his self-imposed immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one’s understanding without guidance from another. This immaturity is self-imposed when its cause lies not in lack of understanding, but in lack of resolve and courage to use it without guidance from another. Sapere Aude (Dare to think/know/be wise)!

Live your life as though your every act were to become a universal law.

We are not rich by what we possess but by what we can do without

All our knowledge begins with the senses, proceeds then to the understanding, and ends with reason. There is nothing higher than reason.

To Be is To Do.

No comments:

Post a Comment